Friday, February 29, 2008
I'm finally feeling better and will be working on the last touches of my pal's package.
1. What colorless and odorless potion forces the drinker to tell the truth?
2. If the spell to Apparate goes wrong and leaves half of you behind, you have been what?
3. Who wrote the Standard Books of Spells Grades 1 and 2?
4. What is it called when brother wands meet?
Priori Incantatem effect
5. Name the charm used by Ludo at the World Cup to amplify his voice.
6. For what is the charm Aparecium used?
Make invisible ink become visible
7. What charm requires the use of a Secret-Keeper?
8. What color should the Strengthening Potion be?
9. What plants are used in preparing a confusing potion?
sneezewort, scurvy-grass and lovage are the ingredients for the Confusing and Bebuddlement Draught
10. What condition is cured by Glumbumble?
It cures hysteria which can be caused by Alihotsy leaves
11. What potion makes a werewolf safe so he can keep his mind when he transforms, and what substance makes it useless?
Wolfbane Potion and the substance that makes it useless is sugar
12. When does Fluxwood, an ingredient used in making Polyjuice Potion, have to be picked?
during full moon
13. What color should a Shrinking Solution be?
Bright acid green
14. What potion is made from asphodel and wormwood?
Draught of Living Death
15. For what are Jobberknoll feathers used?
Memory Potions and truth serums
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
|What Kind of Dragon are You?|
You're a calm and understanding person. You're also very protective of your friends and family and can become extremely violent if they are threatened.
|How do you compare?|
Take this test! | Tests from Testriffic
Now to keep everything organized in this huge backpack, I use smaller bags that fit into the large one. I love sock project bags because they are so fantastic for carrying my knitting everywhere with me. I also have little bags to carry other things like my ipod or nano depending if I want to carry my huge old ipod or the cute little nano (I have the non-video one). I have loads of sock project bags, but hey who doesn't need more! I would like to have some more larger project bags like this one I have. I have this fantastic dragon project bag made by Mama E and this 10 x 16 inch bag is great for small or large projects. Right now mine is holding cardi that I've been knitting for a while now. I really should finish it! If you haven't noticed by now, I LOVE dragons! The one thing I find with this bag is that the ribbon gets caught in everything, but hey it's better than velcro (trust me knitting WIP and velcro are not a good match.) Alternative closures that work are snaps, zippers, or cord or ribbon with closure pull toggle (not quite sure what it's called this description will do for now!) Well back to class!
Quidditch ~ Round Two
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse (a giant one too!)
b. rubber chicken
c. rubber duck
d. rubber cat
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
a. nail polish
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
a. Grey (Gray)
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
a. cabernet sauvignon
c. single-malt whiskey
d. gin and tonics
Edited to add the Goblet of Fire, I'm not quite sure how the Triwizard cup got in that collage!
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge
Friday, February 15, 2008
Today I was sitting in the Ravenclaw Common Room in my favourite chair in front of the fireplace, when all the sudden the fire started sparking and sputtering. So I put down the sock I was knitting to see what was causing it and out spat a card from my Hogwarts Secret Pal, telling me that my sock kit is being created right now and that she/he will see me around Hogwarts and it was signed just Your Secret Pal! Now I wonder who it could be? I like mysteries! I fancy myself working at the Minstery of Magic in the Department of Mysteries after I graduate from Hogwarts. Thank you secret pal it made my day! I've been sad since my previous sock kit pal, Olive had to leave Hogwarts early.
Yesterday being Muggle Valentine's Day look what my sweetie got me, he knows I love blue, dragons, and adore cinnamon hearts! It's Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (a book for my extra credit muggle book studies), the book mark in it was a gift from my mom at the beginning of the term for getting sorted into Ravenclaw, pretty bag of cinnamon hearts and a beautiful sterling silver wisdom dragon pendant & necklace and the dragon is clutching a hematite ball.
Hematite is known for it's magical properties for grounding and centering. Useful in healing, especially when worn in the form of a necklace. It seems to draw illness out of the body. Its silvery, mirror-like surface is good for divination, especially scrying. It is also said to have the ablity to work as a shield from negative energy; however due to it's reflective qualities that makes it a good shield it can also reflect negative energy that comes from the user of the stone.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
You'd think she'd use her own "real" wand. My little clone, Gaby has been playing with my 5.00mm Brittany Birch crochet hook!! I asked her why she had it hidden away in her dresser and she said because it was pretty and looked like a really nice wand. Well I agree with her they are pretty and great crochet hooks, but I was a little upset with her because I've been looking for that hook everywhere! This is the hook that I'm crocheting my blanket squares with and I only have two made because it was MIA. I'd be a bit happier if she'd actually crochet with it instead of practicing her swish and flicks on them. This is the only one I have and it's precious. I need to find a shop that I can purchase some more around here one of these days!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name?
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts?
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job?
Proprietor of The Three Broomsticks
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret?
She is animagus who turns into a beetle
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject?
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend?
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play?
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister?
Gabrielle and just like my little clone her nickname is Gaby
9. Who is professor of Divination?
Actually there are two professors, Professor Trelawney and Firenze
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"?
Bathida Bagshot (sad what happened to her.)
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I've been working on a whole bunch of projects and since I'm out of classes for now I have loads of time to work on my knitting and crocheting as well as some extra reading. I really wanted to make the Ravenclaw knitting circle today, but since I'm contagious I have to stay away. Have fun and have some pumpkin pasties for me!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Hermione Granger|
You're one intelligent witch, but you have a hard time believing it and require constant reassurance. You are a very supportive friend who would do anything and everything to help her friends out.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
PS Congrats to Gryffindor's Cassandra for finding the snitch! Also Ravenclaws great hussle out there I'm proud -- sorry I couldn't be more help than I was.