Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I'm going out to Hogsmeade today or tomorrow to get the very last items for my swap pal, Cassandra. It's been fun meeting another dragon lover and can't wait to put your package in Esme's beak very soon.
I can't believe it's almost the end of the term already and that the dates for the next term are up. I am so coming back next year, do you hear that Neila and Minee?? I'm sorry that I haven't submited my yearbook picture I am so far behind everything right now. This is one of the things that's been taking up some of that precious time!! It's the perfect companion for a glasses wearing bookworm like me, it's so nice to actually read print again without squinting and giving myself horrible headaches. I have all the HP's in mobipocket format on this and so many more books!! Now I'll have more room on my bookshelves for knitting books too.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I'm almost completed my pal's package. I just need to pick up some goodies and put the finishing touches on her bag. I really hope that Cassandra likes her goodies ;-) It's been fun getting this package ready I never thought I'd be excited about Slytherin colours....maybe I might be sorted into Slytherin.....
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
a. Professor Trisonikly
b. Professor Snape
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
d. Professor Meshdeh
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
a. The son of Fridwolfa the Giantess
b. The Truth About Rubeus Hagrid
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
d. Half Giant at Hogwarts
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first? a. Fleur Delacour
b. Viktor Krum
c. Cedric Diggory
d. Harry Potter
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedric have to face in the first task?
a. A Hungarian Horntail
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
c. A Welsh Green
d. A Chinese Fireball
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
a. Troy and Moran
b. Troy and Quigley
c. Quigley and Moran
d. Lynch and Connolly
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gift of a carriage clock?
a. An intruder
b. A basilisk egg
c. A bomb
d. A Blast-ended Skrewt
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
a. A bunch of flowers
b. A fountain of wine
c. Twittering birds
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Thursday, March 6, 2008
This was fun please excuse the horrible latin it's not my strength!
1. Do my homework for me. perfectus (complete) homework
2. Tidy up my bedroom. tergeo (clean) bedroom purus (spotless)
3. Make a delicious chocolate cake. baker ioco iocor (baker make me) --insert baked goodness wanted-- chocolate cake
4. Make my professor stay in bed today. magister --insert name of professor-- gluten ut cubile (lol it's is loosely translated to glue my professor to bed and it puts them in a deep sleep that glues them to their bed!
5. I would like breakfast in bed, please. ignavus ientaculum in cubile (loosely translated to lazy breakfast in bed) it makes a delicous tray of breakfast appear on your bed
6. Stick all my Quidditch opponents' feet to the floor. Qudditch hostilis stuck in locus (please remember to focus on the team and team members you want glued to the floor otherwise you might glue your team mates!!
7. Give everyone the giggles. assimulo Nitrous oxide -- only effects the room in which the spell is cast in and gives everyone the giggles even people who are immune to laughing gas!
8. Dye some yarn in my favorite color. inficio (stain/dye) yarn cobalt blue
9. Unravel the mess I've made with my yarn. restituo ut (restore to) hank (you can use ball or skein too!)
10. Knit my Prefect the perfect bag! Knit perficio pera (perfect bag) Prefect Minee
This spell knits a perfect bag for Prefect Minee and you can insert any Prefect's name and it will work everytime!
Good luck! A prize goes to one lucky Ravenclaw
Friday, February 29, 2008
I'm finally feeling better and will be working on the last touches of my pal's package.
1. What colorless and odorless potion forces the drinker to tell the truth?
2. If the spell to Apparate goes wrong and leaves half of you behind, you have been what?
3. Who wrote the Standard Books of Spells Grades 1 and 2?
4. What is it called when brother wands meet?
Priori Incantatem effect
5. Name the charm used by Ludo at the World Cup to amplify his voice.
6. For what is the charm Aparecium used?
Make invisible ink become visible
7. What charm requires the use of a Secret-Keeper?
8. What color should the Strengthening Potion be?
9. What plants are used in preparing a confusing potion?
sneezewort, scurvy-grass and lovage are the ingredients for the Confusing and Bebuddlement Draught
10. What condition is cured by Glumbumble?
It cures hysteria which can be caused by Alihotsy leaves
11. What potion makes a werewolf safe so he can keep his mind when he transforms, and what substance makes it useless?
Wolfbane Potion and the substance that makes it useless is sugar
12. When does Fluxwood, an ingredient used in making Polyjuice Potion, have to be picked?
during full moon
13. What color should a Shrinking Solution be?
Bright acid green
14. What potion is made from asphodel and wormwood?
Draught of Living Death
15. For what are Jobberknoll feathers used?
Memory Potions and truth serums
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
|What Kind of Dragon are You?|
You're a calm and understanding person. You're also very protective of your friends and family and can become extremely violent if they are threatened.
|How do you compare?|
Take this test! | Tests from Testriffic
Now to keep everything organized in this huge backpack, I use smaller bags that fit into the large one. I love sock project bags because they are so fantastic for carrying my knitting everywhere with me. I also have little bags to carry other things like my ipod or nano depending if I want to carry my huge old ipod or the cute little nano (I have the non-video one). I have loads of sock project bags, but hey who doesn't need more! I would like to have some more larger project bags like this one I have. I have this fantastic dragon project bag made by Mama E and this 10 x 16 inch bag is great for small or large projects. Right now mine is holding cardi that I've been knitting for a while now. I really should finish it! If you haven't noticed by now, I LOVE dragons! The one thing I find with this bag is that the ribbon gets caught in everything, but hey it's better than velcro (trust me knitting WIP and velcro are not a good match.) Alternative closures that work are snaps, zippers, or cord or ribbon with closure pull toggle (not quite sure what it's called this description will do for now!) Well back to class!
Quidditch ~ Round Two
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse (a giant one too!)
b. rubber chicken
c. rubber duck
d. rubber cat
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
a. nail polish
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
a. Grey (Gray)
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
a. cabernet sauvignon
c. single-malt whiskey
d. gin and tonics
Edited to add the Goblet of Fire, I'm not quite sure how the Triwizard cup got in that collage!
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge
Friday, February 15, 2008
Today I was sitting in the Ravenclaw Common Room in my favourite chair in front of the fireplace, when all the sudden the fire started sparking and sputtering. So I put down the sock I was knitting to see what was causing it and out spat a card from my Hogwarts Secret Pal, telling me that my sock kit is being created right now and that she/he will see me around Hogwarts and it was signed just Your Secret Pal! Now I wonder who it could be? I like mysteries! I fancy myself working at the Minstery of Magic in the Department of Mysteries after I graduate from Hogwarts. Thank you secret pal it made my day! I've been sad since my previous sock kit pal, Olive had to leave Hogwarts early.
Yesterday being Muggle Valentine's Day look what my sweetie got me, he knows I love blue, dragons, and adore cinnamon hearts! It's Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (a book for my extra credit muggle book studies), the book mark in it was a gift from my mom at the beginning of the term for getting sorted into Ravenclaw, pretty bag of cinnamon hearts and a beautiful sterling silver wisdom dragon pendant & necklace and the dragon is clutching a hematite ball.
Hematite is known for it's magical properties for grounding and centering. Useful in healing, especially when worn in the form of a necklace. It seems to draw illness out of the body. Its silvery, mirror-like surface is good for divination, especially scrying. It is also said to have the ablity to work as a shield from negative energy; however due to it's reflective qualities that makes it a good shield it can also reflect negative energy that comes from the user of the stone.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
You'd think she'd use her own "real" wand. My little clone, Gaby has been playing with my 5.00mm Brittany Birch crochet hook!! I asked her why she had it hidden away in her dresser and she said because it was pretty and looked like a really nice wand. Well I agree with her they are pretty and great crochet hooks, but I was a little upset with her because I've been looking for that hook everywhere! This is the hook that I'm crocheting my blanket squares with and I only have two made because it was MIA. I'd be a bit happier if she'd actually crochet with it instead of practicing her swish and flicks on them. This is the only one I have and it's precious. I need to find a shop that I can purchase some more around here one of these days!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name?
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts?
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job?
Proprietor of The Three Broomsticks
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret?
She is animagus who turns into a beetle
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject?
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend?
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play?
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister?
Gabrielle and just like my little clone her nickname is Gaby
9. Who is professor of Divination?
Actually there are two professors, Professor Trelawney and Firenze
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"?
Bathida Bagshot (sad what happened to her.)
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I've been working on a whole bunch of projects and since I'm out of classes for now I have loads of time to work on my knitting and crocheting as well as some extra reading. I really wanted to make the Ravenclaw knitting circle today, but since I'm contagious I have to stay away. Have fun and have some pumpkin pasties for me!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Hermione Granger|
You're one intelligent witch, but you have a hard time believing it and require constant reassurance. You are a very supportive friend who would do anything and everything to help her friends out.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
PS Congrats to Gryffindor's Cassandra for finding the snitch! Also Ravenclaws great hussle out there I'm proud -- sorry I couldn't be more help than I was.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
a. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Dumbledore
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
c. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Sirius
d. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Cornelius Fudge
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
b. It vanishes after a few weeks
c. It's only good in Ireland
d. It enchants you and makes you forget everything else
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
a. Malfoy had said something rude about Mad-Eye
b. He was teaching him 'constant vigilance'
c. Malfoy attacked Harry when Harry's back was turned (even though we do find out it has more to do with d later on in the book/movie!)
d. He hated Malfoy's father
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?
(Answer is One Word, Last Name Only)
OOOO i KNOW THIS IT'S SNAPE!!!
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
a. To show that Dumbledore could not protect Harry
b. To prove that Harry could not apparate
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
d. Simply because he hated Harry that much
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
a. The Department of Mysteries
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
c. The Goblin Liaison Office
d. The Committee of Experimental Charms
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?
Answer: (One Word)
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
c. Emerald Green
Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
2. NRNAGIHAU RAHNIOTL - Hungarian Horntail
3. AEEMDY ONYOME - Madeye Mooney (lol, funny that's what everyone calls Madeye Moody because he's a little Looney!!)
4. ARTI KEESTR - Looks like Rita Skeeter missing an e!
5. ELSAUAEPBNKS- Unspeakables
6. ULSFENFS - Snuffles
7. NEPSVEIE - Pensieve
8. RMUEIIPS -Imperius
9. TREUEEBTBR - Butterbeer
10. ROFELIBT - Firebolt
I really wanted to post this yesterday; however I had way too much homework and was stumped by number 8 and 2!! Being a dragon fanatic you'd think that would be the first one I'd get, gee that was a great challenge to keep a Ravenclaw on her/his toes.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
- Diana Wynne Jones - Chrestomanci books
- Charmed Life
- Witch Week
- Magicians of Caprona
- The Lives of Christopher Chant
- and currently studying Conrad's Fate
- Charles de Lint
- The Blue Girl
- Little (Grrl) Lost
- Holly Black
- The Field Guide
- The Seeing Stone
- Lucinda's Secret
- The Ironwood Tree
- The Wrath of Mulgrath
- Susan Cooper - Darking is Rising Sequence
- Over Sea, Over Stone
- The Dark is Rising
- The Grey King
- Silver on the Tree
- O.R. Melling- Chronicles of Faerie
- The Hunter's Moon
- The Summer King
- The Light-Bearer's Daughter
- The Book of Dreams
- Phillip Pullmand - His Dark Materials
- Northern Lights
- The Subtle Knife
- The Amber Spyglass
- Lyra's Oxford (extra)
- Diane Duane - Young Wizards (she has some other fantasy YA series)
- So You Want to be a Wizard
- Deep Wizardry
- High Wizardry (currently in the middle of this one)
- A Wizard Aboard
- The Wizard's Dilemma
- A Wizard Alone
- Wizard's Holiday
- Wizards at War
- Patricia Mckillip
- Changeling Sea
- Harrowing the Dragon
I've also started on my Slytherin pal's bag and it's turning out lovely, but it requires a lot of attention because it's a complicated knitting spell. I love working on it though and see it slowly come together! Well happy knitting everyone and have a great weekend.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I'm so sad that I missed the beginning of term feast, but as I was making my way through the castle (ok I was a wee bit lost!) I turned a corner and got hit by someone practicing a Incendio spell. Good thing is they weren't that good, bad thing was that I had to stay in the Hospital Wing overnight and missed the feast!! Good thing is the nurse brought me up a plate of tasty things to munch on after she fixed my burns and regrew my hair. I have to admit my hair is looking fantastic and healthy now.
I'm working on my homework and I probably won't finish it till tomorrow. I finished a book from one of my favourite author's it was a Muggle urban fantasy. Esme (that's a picture of her isn't she beautiful!) has brought some goodies from home, including some more books to read that aren't text books, some yummy yarn and tea! I'm having a lovely cup of a hazelnut chocolate black tea as I'm writing this.
I've been knitting up a storm as well, tomorrow is the Ravenclaw knitting night and I hope that I will be finished all my essays and other homework so I can join along. I will be casting on for my Slytherin partner tonight and I can wait to see how it turns out I'll be trying a knitting spell that I've never used before! Wish me luck.
(picture courtesy of www.Copyright-free-photos.org.uk)
Perpetua Phoenixfire -eagle
Fleur Lovegoods - Phoenix
Minerva Kwikspell - eagle
Ferula Vector - eagle
Lavender Diggory - wolf
2. Who attended the first meeting of the Ravenclaw Knitting Club?
Minutes can be found here.
3. Name the housemate who likes to knit with peacock feathers. Fleur Lovegoods
4. Name the Ravenclaw who spent the New Year at Hogwart's Costume Ball. Emma Diggory
5. Which Ravenclaw got the first howler? Lavender Ackerly -- poor girl, but hey purple is not that bad of a colour ;-)
6. Name 5 different types of wood used in the wands of Ravenclaws and name the housemate having that wand.
Holly - Cassandra Puddlemere
Birch - Perpetua Phoenixfire
Hawthorn - Lavender Ackerly
Maple - Esmerelda Beanswallow
Apple - Electra the Enchanting
7. Who accidentally ate a toenail flavored Every Flavor Bean? Serafina Starfire
8. Who cast a noise dampening spell before going to bed and then overslept? Esmerelda Beanswallow
9. Besides the HSKS4 blog, on what blog will you find the Ravenclaw Anthem? Minerva Kwikspell
10. Which housemate has a Muggle cellular phone? Victoria Black (a cellular broadband card counts right?)
Well all done, back to some reading and listening to an audiobook for me. I'm so glad that my father enchanted my iPod so it will work here! I love it here, but I also love Muggle technology! I'm listening to Diana Wynne Jone's The Lives of Christopher Chant.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Look what I found on a fellow Ravenclaw Perpetua's blog, it's not exact but somewhat close. It was fun give it a try. For the record, I HATE the nasty Bertie's Bott flavours give me tasty dark chocolate!. Also, Ancient Runes is not my worst class so far it's Divination, which is strange because I am a great with rune stones!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Well I'm going to go and curl up in one of the comfy chairs in the Ravenclaw common room and read my Harry Potter history books, I've decided to re-read them because they are so exciting!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
|Wood type: oak|
Length: 11 inches
Core: Gryffon Feather
I can't wait till classes well I have to go finish knitting my hat. Happy Knitting and Studying.