Friday, February 15, 2008

Fiery gifts

I'm still a little sick, but I've been attending my classes here at Hogwarts. How could I miss DADA classes, Professor Humperdink is such a great teacher and really dreamy to look at. I'm practising for Quidditch tomorrow and I'm ready to help Ravenclaw show their wisdom and knowledge that makes us shine! Go Go Ravenclaw!

Today I was sitting in the Ravenclaw Common Room in my favourite chair in front of the fireplace, when all the sudden the fire started sparking and sputtering. So I put down the sock I was knitting to see what was causing it and out spat a card from my Hogwarts Secret Pal, telling me that my sock kit is being created right now and that she/he will see me around Hogwarts and it was signed just Your Secret Pal! Now I wonder who it could be? I like mysteries! I fancy myself working at the Minstery of Magic in the Department of Mysteries after I graduate from Hogwarts. Thank you secret pal it made my day! I've been sad since my previous sock kit pal, Olive had to leave Hogwarts early.

Yesterday being Muggle Valentine's Day look what my sweetie got me, he knows I love blue, dragons, and adore cinnamon hearts! It's Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (a book for my extra credit muggle book studies), the book mark in it was a gift from my mom at the beginning of the term for getting sorted into Ravenclaw, pretty bag of cinnamon hearts and a beautiful sterling silver wisdom dragon pendant & necklace and the dragon is clutching a hematite ball.

Hematite is known for it's magical properties for grounding and centering. Useful in healing, especially when worn in the form of a necklace. It seems to draw illness out of the body. Its silvery, mirror-like surface is good for divination, especially scrying. It is also said to have the ablity to work as a shield from negative energy; however due to it's reflective qualities that makes it a good shield it can also reflect negative energy that comes from the user of the stone.

No comments: