Monday, February 18, 2008

My ideal bag

I realized as I was sewing my pal's bag that I am rather picky on the type of bags I have. I don't use handbags or bags that go over my shoulder, unless it is a bagpack. I like messenger bags; however I have a tendency to overpack my bags with all my necessities and have a bad backache afterwards if I use on of these types of bags. You see it's my mode of transporation in the muggle world. I travel via public transit and if you know me in irl you will know that I also use other things that many people do not have the need for. I travel all the time with my special friend on public transit and since I need to make sure I don't lose her I have to have a hold on her at all times, thus leaving me with only one hand. So my best choice of a bag is my handy huge backpack that most people might use for backpacking.

Now to keep everything organized in this huge backpack, I use smaller bags that fit into the large one. I love sock project bags because they are so fantastic for carrying my knitting everywhere with me. I also have little bags to carry other things like my ipod or nano depending if I want to carry my huge old ipod or the cute little nano (I have the non-video one). I have loads of sock project bags, but hey who doesn't need more! I would like to have some more larger project bags like this one I have. I have this fantastic dragon project bag made by Mama E and this 10 x 16 inch bag is great for small or large projects. Right now mine is holding cardi that I've been knitting for a while now. I really should finish it! If you haven't noticed by now, I LOVE dragons! The one thing I find with this bag is that the ribbon gets caught in everything, but hey it's better than velcro (trust me knitting WIP and velcro are not a good match.) Alternative closures that work are snaps, zippers, or cord or ribbon with closure pull toggle (not quite sure what it's called this description will do for now!) Well back to class!

No comments: